Spectre and Meltdown
Vulnerabilities in modern computers leak passwords and sensitive data
Learn more about these serious vulnerabilities
To protect yourself, we currently recommend the following browsers:
- ** INTERNET EXPLORER IS APPROVED FOR USE WITHIN MEDSTAR HOSPITALS **
- FireFox 57+
- Chrome v63+
- In Chrome, go to chrome://flags/#enable-site-per-process and click “enable” on “Strict site isolation.” You’ll need to restart your browser, but otherwise that’s it.
- v64 will be released around January 23rd and will include protection without the above manual step.
- Microsoft Edge (newest version)
- Safari with latest Apple patch released January 9th